Liquid Lipstick




 Hey guys,

today I want to share with you a little guide to liquid lipstick.

Why liquid?
It's less dry than normal lipsticks, it's also very easy to apply on the lips but most importantly the colors are spectacular.

I've bought three different styles of liquid lipsticks...

1. The glossy ones
2. The matte ones
3. The metallic ones

So let's start with the glossy ones.
These are shiny, feeling soft and perfect for a night out.
The ones I've swatched and tried are from Maybelline. This collection is called 'Hot Laquer'.
I've got four of them, a nude one, number 60 called tease. this one is one of my favorites. It's subtle yet very good looking on the lips. it also has a more sophisticated feel to it. Very nice to wear, it's not sticky at all.
Of course a bright red one can't be missed in my collection. Therefore number 72 called 'Classic' is the glossy red lipstick every girl needs in her life. I'm not the girl that likes to wear bright red lipstick. But this one just looks cute, yet grown up. The gloss makes is easy to wear, it's not too heavy looking and yet it really is bright. It also plumps the lips as if you just got lip injections, but without the needles. I just love this one!
Since I wanted to try some more unusual colors as well, I also bought numbers 76 and 82 called 'Obsessed' and 'Slay it'. About the last one I need to say that the color didn't applicate the way I wanted it too. It's not really black, more like dark purple. I needed several layers to get the colour as dark as I wanted it to be and to spread the color evenly on the lips.
But what I really like about these is the packaging. the wand is the best one I've ever used. it has a little sponge at the end, like all liquid lipsticks, but this one is kind of teardrop-shaped with a hole in the middle for just the right amount of lipstick.

Secondly I wanted to talk about the matte ones I've bought.
The packaging is compact, yet useful and very cute.
These are 'Vivid Matte' by Maybelline. They apply like a gloss, but they don't shine. instead they give you this natural looking matte finish. the colors are as nice as the ones they have in their 'Hot Laquer' collection.
The wand is a bit different, more like the usual lipstick wands, but it's curved a little so it's again very easy to applicate.
What I love about these colors is the fact that you only need one layer of lipstick and you're ready to go. Tough it's long lasting and very pigmented, I'd rather have it drying instead of glossy feeling. It's not sticky, nor does it smudge. But I think these are perfect for dates or for going out to eat, but when they don't dry they're not as useful for things like that. Imagine giving your date some colored lips by kissing them?
But it doesn't change the fact that I still like the shades.

Even tough I tend to reach for the mor natural and nude colors in this category, like 'Blushing Beige' and 'Nude Thrill', I've also tried a more daring color called 'Sinful Stone' that will give you all the goth feels. The only problem with this color is one that only I'm to blame for. Whenever I put it on, i get a burning feeling and kind of an itchy feeling aswel in my lips. So I guess I'm allergic to it. But this will not stop me from wearing it at all.

 Last but not least, the daring, bright and oh so fashionable metallics.
What can I say about these, they're soft, easy to use and very shimmery. Surprisingly, they're not sticky and even wearable. Well maybe not for any occasion but you'll totally rock them on a party or a night out in the club!
These were so cheap, like most of the amazing products of Essence Cosmetics the collection is called 'Metal Shock' Ive bought both number 05 'Arsenic' and number 06 'Poison Ivy'. You need more layers for perfect coverage but the results look amazing. Even though they have tiny glitters inside, they are easy to take off. And they're color changes when the light touches them.

To finish this, I've swatched all of the above....
Top to bottom:

Poison Ivy
Arsenic
Blushing Beige
Nude Thrill
Sinful Stone
Slay It
Obsessed
Classic
Tease





Reacties

Populaire posts