Urban Decay Electric Palette Review and Tutorial

A few weeks ago I bought the Urban Decay 'Electric Palette'. Not only did I want to try the brand because it's popular on social media, but also because it's vegan. As a vegetarian, I think it's very important to know wether the products you use are vegan or even animal-tested. Therefore I tend to only use products and brands that are known for their cruelty-free products.


Anyways as I was in store, looking at their products, this one palette caught my eye, with it's vibrating and neon-like colours. They are so pigmented and have not too much sparkle in them but just the right amount. I wanted this palette because I usually tend to reach for more natural or nude tones when it comes to make-up. But the moment I came home with my first ever Urban Decay product, I got a little doubtful. Even a little scared of the bright set of colours I bought. This fear only grew stronger as I opened up the beautiful packaging which has neon drippings on top and an all black glossy box. I love the packaging a lot, but at this moment it was scary, almost as fast forward as the beautiful pigments in teh box itself.

As soon as I began using it I was completely sold, from the first colour that I applied on my eyelids. this pigmentation is one of, if not, the best I had ever used in my life. These colours weren't too much and yet they were so vibrant and bright! They applied so easily and were so nice to blend. After using this palette, I'm sure this one is not the last Urban Decay product in my collection. Although the colours don't seem like you can use them often, this palette is really worth the money and the hype. I'm sure I'll wear these at a lot of parties and I'll certainly try to use them in a daytime-look.

 What I love about this box is the fact that they put in a large mirror. Also the brush comes in very useful. At first I thought the brush didn't look like it was of good quality, because of the very bright colours of the hairs, but the second that I used it, I knew it was just the look of the brush. this brush is such a good quality, it's the same feeling and application as my more expensive brushes and it has two sides, a normal sized one for the lids and a small one for precise application. this one works very well with the texture of the baked powders.

Swatches:


Tutorial:



The first look I've tried was of course a rainbow one. I've started with my usual routine, primers, foundation, things like that and then I began with the eyeshadow. First I put a little piece of tape on my face, vrom the outer corner of my eye to the outer corner of my eyebrow, to create a winged look. I applied 'Freak' to the inner half of my eyelid and put 'Gonzo', right next to that and then blended them a little in the middle. on my arch of my eyelid I used 'Urban' and put 'Jilted' just above this, in a smaller stroke. and on the tip of my wing I put a little bit of 'Savage' on top of 'Jilted' and blended them out. To finish off the look i used the smaller part of the brush again to put just a tiny drop of 'Thrash' in the inner corner of my eye. Then I applied some black eyeliner on top and of course took off the tape. finished off the rest of my make-up and to make the look more powerful and dramatic, I've finished off with some fake lashes.



Make sure to leave a comment to tell me if this look worked on you ;) xoxo, Lila

Reacties

  1. What a lovely post! That eye makeup is bomb!
    https://colourfulmishmash.wordpress.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Een reactie posten

Populaire posts